PUBLIC NOTICE OF ALLOWANCES CLAIMED BY SPENNYMOOR TOWN COUNCIL COUNCILLORS – 1 APRIL 2015 TO 31 MARCH 2016
The Local Authorities Members’ Allowances (England) Regulations, 2003 require the Council to publish details of the actual allowances paid to its elected Councillors each financial year.
|Councillor||Total (£)||Basic Allowance (£)||Civic Dignitary Allowance (£)||Telephone Allowance (£)||Subsistance Allowance (£)||Travel Allowance (£)|
|GELDARD l.||1 ,335.22||999.96||312.00||23.26|
|GRAHAM J.V.||1 ,251 .81||999.96||203.88||47.97|
|MARR J.M||1 ,203.84||999.96||203.88|
|TAYLOR D.||1 ,483.57||999.96||197.60||286.01|
- The Basic Allowance is paid to every Councillor and at the same level for each Councillor. It recognises the expenses incurred in being a Councillor for Ward work and domestic costs.
- The Civic Dignitary Allowance recognises the additional expenses incurred by the Town’s Mayor and Deputy Mayor in attending a number of civic and charitable events.
- The Telephone Allowance provides for additional expenses by Councillors as a result of making themselves available to the public in their own homes. The Council reimburses the cost of the basic line rental (plus VAT). In the case of the Leader, Deputy Leader and Chair of Committees the Council will pay 75% of the cost of calls subject to a maximum off30.
- The Subsistence Allowances shown above are the amounts reclaimed for meals and hotel accommodation whilst on official Council business. They do not include hotel costs paid direct by the Council.
- The Travel Allowances shown above are the amounts reclaimed for car mileage or public transport fares.